* NEW for 2023-24 - YCMHA will now use GrayJay Pay for all registration - (Yarmouth County Minor Hockey Association | GrayJay Pay) This will be the only registration method. Parents will need to create an account (if you haven’t previously done so) to proceed with the registration process. (For a step-by-step guide to GrayJay Pay for online registration, click HERE.) The Hockey Canada Registry is still your source to review player/coach certifications and register for clinics as usual.
*TRANSFERS - if you have moved to the area, begin the registration process online and you will be prompted to complete a transfer form at a certain point. The player will have to be moved to the YCMHA registration database before you can fully register online.
*RELEASES - if you are from a neighbouring association and wish to try-out for a higher level team in Yarmouth, you must first register in your home association. You need to request a release to participate in try-outs. Please email the Registrar for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
* GOALIES – if you are registering as a goalie at the U9 level and above, there are specific registration categories for each division so please take note when completing the registration process.
* RECREATION (C level) vs COMPETITIVE (rep) - there are specific registration categories for each division (U11 and up) so please take note when completing the registration process.
* Mandatory Hockey Nova Scotia Checking Clinic is required for any new U15 players (U13 moving up to U15 for the 2023/24 season) or any players who wish to play contact hockey in the 2023/24 season. It is recommended that even if you plan to register for non-contact hockey (C level), you may wish to take the clinic to be considered as an affiliate player. If your player attends a checking clinic with another association, proof of attendance must be forwarded to YCMHA. Players must have their Hockey Canada Profile updated with the Checking Clinic to be approved for contact hockey.
* HOCKEY SCHOOL will be offered to all players registered in U7, U9 and U11 divisions. Our 2023 hockey school will run from October 2-5. Players are not required to attend and you must complete a separate registration via GrayJay pay at the time of your regular season registration.
All registrations are reviewed and approved by the association registrar. If a registered player is determined to reside outside the YCMHA Boundary, the parent will be notified and registration cancelled/refunded. Players must reside in the Town or Municipality of Yarmouth or Argyle, otherwise they will require a release to tryout for YCMHA.
*Registration closes September 10, 2023 for all competitive levels, with the exception of U18 competitive, which closes on September 30, 2023 with all other recreation levels!
If you have any questions or issues with registration, please reach out to the following registrars:
Denise Morton U7-U9 (email@example.com)
Heather Ellis U11-U18 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
We’re looking forward to a great season of hockey – GO MARINERS!